No matter who you are or what you do for a living you probably have some kind of stress
in your life. In fact, stress is referred to as one of the leading health problems among Americans. It's important to know the proper ways to deal with stress because if you do not deal with stress properly it can cause a variety of physical and mental health issues. Stress can contribute to high blood pressure and blood sugar, compromised immunity, substance abuse issues, anger control problems, criminal behavior and social isolation.
Here are 10 easy ways to help fight the stress in your life:
1. Listen to music- Put on your favorite tunes and maybe even dance for a few minutes.
2. Phone a friend- Call a reliable friend who you know will offer good feedback and maybe even make you laugh about everything.
3. Eat Right- Make yourself a healthy snack like vegetables and dip, cheese and crackers or a fruity smoothie. You feel better because your are doing something good for yourself.
4. Get sleep- Take a power nap, or maybe go to bed an hour early. People who are well rested can think clearer and make better decisions.
5. Laugh- Watch your favorite movie or sitcom or browse YouTube for funny clips that have gone viral.
6. Drink tea- Make some soothing tea such as Chai or Chamomile and curl up on the couch or on a window seat and take some time for yourself.
7. Exercise- Even if you do something active for just 10 minutes it will get your blood pumping, your brain thinking and your endorphin's flowing. Exercise is a powerful way to fight stress and help both your mental and physical state.
8. Breathe- Sometimes we forget to breathe. Try a yoga routine that focuses on breathing. You can buy meditation and yoga DVDs that will help you focus on breathing and relaxing. Sometimes all we need is someone to help us focus on the little things in life that can make such a big difference.
9. Write about it- Start a journal, hop on the computer or even grab some scrap paper and just pour your emotions onto paper and out of your mind.
10. Play with your pet- Animals are shown to improve mood and lower blood pressure. Play fetch with your dog or simply pet your cat. Maybe even tell them your problems or worries because they will most certainly listen.
Here at 4AllPromos
we care about the health and well-being of our customer's and that is why we have a variety of items that will help you relax and unwind. Hook your customer's up with some stress balls (in any shape you can imagine), an MP3
player, a sleep mask, a wacky and fun product, some pajama pants, chocolate
, a journal
or something else to help them keep their lives stress free and organized.
Labels: 4AllPromos, coping, music, phone, stress balls, writing